Getting and Staying Ahead of the Curve!
Jan Richards has helped hundreds of college students craft LinkedIn profiles and robust resumes. Richards believes it is important to have your network in place far ahead of graduation. This will not only help you land relevant internships and summer employment, but will also set you up to find employment after graduation without the stress that often goes along with it. Below is a handful of questions you may be asked. It’s critical that you are comfortable talking about yourself and answering questions with confidence and ease. Don’t forget, you are expected to ask questions too. Richards will prepare you for all of it You are getting ready to speak to multiple companies coming to your campus. You have an interview for a competitive Internship or summer employment. Perhaps you have worked with your Career Center or even talked to a professional Career Coach. I am guessing those things helped but you still feel a bit anxious. After all, these are outstanding firms and they are scouting great talent. You got this!
- Tell me about yourself?
- Why did you choose this school?
- What do you want to do when you graduate?
- Tell me about your technical skills and your ability to use them?
- How would you describe your personality?
- What type of corporate culture are you looking for?
- How sure are you about career path overall?
- Why are you interested in my firm?
- Why are you interested in this particular role?
- Why should we consider you?